Table of Contents
How To Get Out Of Holiday Inn Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare
Tahoe Ridge Resort is located in Stateline, Nevada, United States. The resort is 7,500 feet above Lake Tahoe, with beautiful views of the Sierra. Stateline is famous for its Lake Tahoe, as it has some of the best entertainment at the lake. The resort is famous because of how near it is to the lake. Most people who enjoy their vacations at sea, lakes, oceans, or other water bodies tend to spend their vacations at Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare.
- Spending a vacation at the Tahoe Ridge Resort once in a while may be a good idea, but owning its timeshare is certainly not.
- Apart from the annual mortgage and maintenance fees that keep increasing, you will have to buy their club membership if you want to enjoy their amenities to the fullest.
- To remain a Club member, annual dues are $149 per year from the date of your purchase.
- You have to pay the annual expenses of the timeshare and the price of the club membership as well. Sounds expensive, doesn’t it? The expenses of these timeshare properties are a lot to bear, even when you are trying to get rid of them.
- Also, their timeshares are points-based. If you want to enjoy your vacation decently, you will have to have a ton of points.
- If your points are insufficient for the location you are trying to spend your vacation in, you can not go there, or you will have to pay extra to gain more points.
- Apart from all these expenses, annual expenses like the mortgage and maintenance fees keep increasing with the increasing inflation rates. And if you do not get rid of the timeshare, the contract stays a lifetime.
When trying to get rid of the Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare, you will have to pay all the expenses surrounding the timeshare property, but you can not visit your timeshare. What an absurd deal. This is how these timeshare companies keep taking money from their timeshare owners, and the owners are not even informed about the policies of cancellation when they sign the contract.
- These timeshare companies use pressure sale tactics to lure in customers; their timeshare meetings include long speeches on how their timeshare are considered a real state and how they are full of benefits, but we have to break it to you; these are all lies.
- If you were pressured into buying a timeshare property and want to be free from this burden, we are here to help you.
- This article will guide you through the cancellation procedure of the Tahoe Ridge Resort timeshare.
- Cancelling a timeshare contract may be stressful, but you need to hang in there if you want to stop wasting your money on its annual expenses.
- Keep reading to learn more about Nevada Cancellation policies and how you can get rid of Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare.
Common types of Timeshare contracts
Here are some common types of timeshare contracts;
- In fixed-week contracts, you won the property or a part of the whole property for a specific week each year. This is the most common and the traditional type.
- Floating week allows you to choose a week from the available weeks within the pre-decided time frame or season. However, there are reservation issues in peak seasons, like summer, as the demand is high.
- A right-to-use contract allows you to own the place for some specific years, and the property goes back to the developer after the assigned period.
- The week of the stay moves forward yearly in rotating week contracts, which takes away the freedom to come according to your preference and flexibility.
- Biennial Timeshare is when you are allowed to use the place every other year.
- The last and the latest type of timeshare contract is posts-based. In this type, timeshare owners have to gain points, and the amenities they will use depend on their number of points.
Posts-based timeshare contracts have their pros and cons. On the one hand, they offer flexibility and freedom to choose the vacation location; however, you must pay more to earn these points. Timeshare companies are finding ways to make timeshare properties more and more expensive.
Nevada Cancellation Policies
The Rescission Period:
The rescission period is the timeframe where you can give away your timeshare property back to the company. They will have to give you a full refund and can not even ask for additional charges. The rescission period depends on the company and the location of the timeshare property. It usually takes from 3 to 10 days.
- The rescission laws in Nevada state that the rescission period lasts 5 days after the day you execute (signed) the contract.
- The laws also state that the seller can not deceive you during purchase; they must disclose all the important details about the contract by providing a copy of its public offering statement.
- The contract must include a statement about your right to cancel the deal.
- If the developer attempts to change your cancellation rights, you can avoid the contract, but if you have already signed it, you can take legal action against them.
- The developer can not misguide you about the amenities or the price of the timeshare property; if they do, they will face legal consequences.
If you want to read more timeshare-related laws in Nevada, read Nevada Timeshare Foreclosure and Right to Cancel Laws.
- You can find information about the rescission period at the start or end of your timeshare contract.
- If the contract seems complicated and hard to interpret, you can contact the customer service department at Tahoe Ridge Resort to learn more about the rescission period.
- The Tahoe Ridge Resort website mentions that their resort follows a relaxation period of 3 to 10 days, but the extraction timeframe depends on the location of your timeshare property.
- So, if your timeshare property was recently bought, the company will have to take it back, and they can not make you pay any additional charges.
- Remember to write a recession letter to remove your property within the deadline.
- The letter should be formal, and the reason for cancellation should be appropriate.
- An attorney can help you write the letter, and if you want to avoid approaching a timeshare lawyer or need to know who to trust, contact us so our team can guide you in writing the rescission letter.
Other Options To Eliminate Your Timeshare Property
Rent it Out
- If you want to rent your timeshare property, ensure the company allows it.
- Many timeshare companies do not allow their owners to rent out their properties due to the damage the renters can cause.
- So, contact the company and ask if they allow you to rent the property.
- If they allow you to rent out the timeshare, the first thing you need to do is evaluate the value of your property.
- Search the market for similar timeshares and compare their amenities to yours.
- After deciding on a price, list it on the rental websites with good-quality pictures and professional and detailed descriptions.
- Make sure you choose renters after doing a background check; you want to avoid giving your property to someone who can damage it.
- Look into their previous records to find if they have any stealing complaints or other disturbing facts that can bring trouble to your timeshare.
Sell Your Property:
- If renting does not work for you and you want to eliminate your timeshare once and for all, sell it.
- Selling a timeshare property is frustrating and difficult because of its oversupply in the resale market.
- Many timeshare owners fail to sell their properties, or it takes years to sell them.
- If you want to save yourself from this hustle, consider hiring an exit company.
- Timeshare exit companies help people get out of their timeshare contracts.
- They will promote your timeshare and find potential buyers for you.
- They have a vast network in the timeshare industry, so it is easier for them to get rid of the property quickly.
- Exit companies may charge you a few dollars or take a specific amount from the sale. However, paying these expenses is way better than paying the annual expenses of your timeshare property or bearing a lifetime agreement.
What Type Of Exit Companies Should You Work With?
Our team has reviewed numerous exit companies to protect you from the growing timeshare scam industry. We recommend working with timeshare exit companies that offer escrow so you pay no up-front fees.
- Escrow is when a third-party company holds onto your payment while the timeshare exit process occurs.
- If all is successful as promised, the escrow company releases your funds to the timeshare exit company.
- Scams in the timeshare industry are common, and escrow saves you from them.
- Many exit companies claim that they offer a 100% money-back guarantee, but if the company goes out of business, they will not be able to give the money back to you.
- An escrow is a third party holding your money until the work is done so you will have peace of mind.
- Since exiting a timeshare contract can cost you from $3,000 to $10,000, depending on the situation, escrow will be valuable as the amount of money is huge.
We review exit companies, so before deciding, thoroughly research the company by reading the reviews on our website.
- Unfortunately, like most timeshare markets, the cancellation industry has had its fair share of scams.
- Beware of phoney exit companies who cold call you and try pressuring you for your credit card info.
- This is why we only recommend paying people up-front. Paying the exit companies full and upfront has led to many timeshare exit scams.
- Don’t be fooled by a 100% Money-Back Guarantee either. You’re still paying the exit company upfront with this option, too.
- And if the company decides to file for bankruptcy and runs off with your money, say goodbye! Because you’re never seeing them again.
In conclusion, act quickly to eliminate the Tahoe Ridge Resort timeshare! Timeshares can be stressful mentally and financially if you don’t act soon. With inflating maintenance fees and high-interest mortgages, your timeshare can get ugly. Timeshare companies will make sure you pay more and more money to avail yourself of their amenities but do not be fooled by their tactics; start working on eliminating your timeshare contract today.
Furthermore, there are exit companies that offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you have experience in the timeshare industry and know the ins and outs of exit companies, you can approach these exit companies. If a company has positive business practices and has been in business for over 5+ years with positive ratings, it makes sense to go the cheaper route with a 100% money-back guarantee. But is that always the best route to take? Some people want extra protection by going with a more expensive company with a proven track record of success. That peace of mind is worth it to some. It comes down to what you feel most comfortable with.
The chances of scams with these exit companies are high, so we recommend you contact us before you start working with them. We will look into the company for you and provide authentic information. We help timeshare owners find the best timeshare exit company for their situation. Read over our website and fill out the form on the right, or contact us through Live Chat for a free personalised consultation. Our team recommends working with legitimate timeshare exit companies that offer a no-up-front fee escrow option. Escrow helps timeshare owners save themselves from scams as the escrow company will hold your money till the exit companies finish their work. Do not let yourself be another victim of these timeshare scams. Break the pattern!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Free Informational Consultation
By providing my contact information and clicking ‘submit’, I am giving MyTimeshareExitReviews.com and its partners permission to contact me about this and other future offers using the information provided. This may also include calls and text messages to my wireless telephone numbers. I also consent to use of emails and the use of an automated dialing device and pre-recorded messages. I understand that my permission described overrides my listing on any state or federal ‘Do Not Call’ list and any prior listing on the ‘Do Not Call’ lists of our partners. I acknowledge that this consent may only be revoked by email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.