Table of Contents
How To Get Out Of The Eagle Crest Timeshare
Eagle Crest Resort is located in Oregon, the United States of America. This place is a dream come true for people who love the outdoors. The Resort covers a big area of 1800 acres and is very close to mountains, different rivers, great sceneries and 3 great golf courses. If you are a fan of climbing and tracking, etc., this resort is the right place to spend a vacation. But that might not be a good idea if we talk about owning a timeshare property here. Timeshare properties are a waste of your money!
The mortgage and maintenance fees of timeshares are outrageous. These costs increase on an annual basis. You can not even use the property on your preference, but you still need to bear all its costs. Does that sound fair to you? The cons of timeshare contracts are more than their benefits. Contractors often make fake promises about the benefits of timeshare properties just to make sales. If you think you were lured into buying a timeshare property or want to get rid of it after realizing it was a bad investment, we are here to help you out.
Keep reading this article to get information about the following;
- The rescission laws and period of The Eagle Crest Timeshare.
- Selling off your timeshare property.
- Exit companies and how they can help you get rid of your timeshare property.
- Contacting an attorney can help you out.
Rescission Period Of The Eagle Crest Timeshare
The rescission period, also known as the cooling-off period, is the time limit to cancel your timeshare contract without bearing any additional costs. The rescission period also varies from state to state and company to company.
- The rescission period usually lasts from 3 to 10 days at max.
- The rescission laws in the US state that the rescission period lasts 3 business days, until midnight of the 3rd day.
- So, if you bought your timeshare property recently, you need to hurry up!
- You need to write a formal letter to the timeshare company in order to avail the opportunity of rescinding your timeshare property.
- Writing a formal letter and sending it in time is the most crucial step.
If you do not know how to write the rescission cancellation letter, do not worry; we got you!
This article will lead you forward. If the rescission period of your timeshare has ended, do not panic. You still have other options to get rid of the timeshare property.
How To Sell The Eagle Crest Timeshare
If you have missed your rescission period, start thinking about selling the timeshare property. This option looks like a great deal, but keep in mind that it’s going to take a lot of work. If you are considering selling your property, here are a few things you need to do;
- The foremost thing is to contact the timeshare company and ask if they offer a buy-back program.
- Note that most of the resorts do not offer a buy-back program. And, as of our knowledge, The Eagle Crest Resort does not offer a buy-back program.
- But we recommend still contacting them and making sure.
If contacting the timeshare company does not help you out, here is what you need to do next;
- The first step in selling your timeshare is to go through the resale market.
- Check out similar timeshares like the timeshare properties having a similar number of rooms or in the same location as yours.
- This will help you determine the current value of your timeshare property.
- Remember that timeshare loses most of its value right after you sign that contract, so do not be disappointed with the price of your timeshare.
- After deciding the price, you must put your property on the resale market.
- From here, the search for a potential buyer begins.
This whole procedure is way too long and requires a lot of patience. Timeshare properties on the resale market are listed for as low as 1$, so if you want to sell your property with a fair deal, constant efforts and high tolerance are the way to go.
Dealing with this process can be a lot sometimes, so if you think you need help to do this, we recommend you contact resale companies like eBay and Craigslist. Resale companies have experience and an audience as well. They can help you promote and sell your property. You must take good pictures of the property and write a detailed description. Be sure to mention that the property is located in a desirable location and is a great deal. You should also mention any amenities that are included with the property.
Take Help Of Exit Companies
Exit Companies are the companies that help people get out of their timeshare contracts. Their team will guide you through the process of cancelling your Eagle Crest Timeshare. These people are experts and know every single detail of the resale market.
- They will help you determine the true value of your timeshare property.
- All the important documents will be prepared by them.
- They will guide you about the legal rights you hold.
- Exit companies will also look for loopholes in your contract so you can get the best deal out of your timeshare property.
Exit Companies have been gaining popularity in the past few years. People who bought timeshares when they were considered a great deal or people who inherited these properties from their late relatives started approaching exit companies after realising the cons. When companies become successful, scams become common in the industry.
So-called exit companies have scammed a lot of people. So, you need to be aware of these scams. Make sure whichever company you approach offers escrow. Escrow can be essential for you when searching for a timeshare exit company. Escrow is when a third-party company holds onto your payment while the timeshare exit process occurs. If all is successful as promised, the escrow company releases your funds to the timeshare exit company. It is true that the exit company will take a certain percentage of the sales they will make on your property, but they will save you from a lot of unnecessary costs as well.
It is important to be aware and thoroughly research before working with any exit company. If you need assistance on exit company scams or what company you should approach, contact us now so our team can help you.
Contact A Timeshare Lawyer
Contacting an attorney is also a great option if you do not have the time to concentrate on selling your timeshare property. An attorney who has been working in the industry will know what to do with your timeshare contract. They will guide you about the legalities of the procedure and make sure you take the right steps. But before hiring an attorney, ensure they have worked in the timeshare industry and have a good reputation. Research is a crucial step.
Transfer Your Timeshare Or Give It Away
Giving away your timeshare sounds like a good option, but it is not easy. Most of the owners think they can give away their timeshare property for charity, but even they might not want it. Timeshares are expensive and require continuous care. Charities often refuse to take timeshare properties because of their increasing maintenance fees and mortgages.
But you can give it to someone willing to take up the ownership. Someone who wants to take over the property without expecting any kind of compensation in return. This could be a friend, a family member or someone you know who is interested in the property.
Acknowledge that this process is only possible if the timeshare companies allow it. Make sure you read your contract carefully to determine if the timeshare company allows transferring or giving away the property. If it is hard for you to understand the contract, seek the help of a lawyer. Or you can contact us; we will be happy to help you understand the clauses of your timeshare contract.
Here are a few things you should be careful about;
- Do not stop your payments. If you do not want to face legal consequences or hurt your credit score, never think about stopping your timeshare payments. The timeshare company will do anything to make you pay your debts; this will add to your problems rather than help you. Rather than doing this, you should contact the company and discuss your other options. Timeshare companies allow their customers to negotiate on the payments for the time being if they are going through a financial crisis or any other reason, so try to talk things out.
- Secondly, do not think getting rid of your property will be easy. People spend years trying to sell their properties. So, you need to make smart choices and be patient throughout the process. The demand for timeshares keeps decreasing daily. No one wants to buy them; they just want to get rid of it. So, if you have decided to sell your timeshare, you must be patient and consistent with your efforts. Remember that you may have yet to get the deal you wanted.
- You can even rent out your timeshare property. Even though most companies do not allow their customers to rent their property, if yours does, avail yourself of the opportunity now. Determine the value of your timeshare property and then put it out on the market. Make sure you take nice pictures and write a good description to attract potential renters. You can even ask your family members or friends to rent out the property once in a while, or they can help you advertise it and spread the word in their circle. If you need help putting it out for rent yourself, contact rental companies with a good industry reputation.
Is it difficult to get rid of a timeshare?
It’s generally exceedingly challenging to leave a timeshare. Timeshare contracts are made to be difficult to break to keep owners paying maintenance fees for as long as possible. As a result, even if you manage to sell your timeshare in the end, you’ll probably lose money in the interim.
Why are timeshares being discarded by people?
Imagine purchasing without being aware of any additional costs. Discover later that these fees are gathered yearly and are increasing more pricey! Due to this comprehension, many people start looking for a way out of their timeshare contracts.
Are timeshares a financial trap?
While timeshares might initially seem attractive due to their upfront discounts and flexible payment plans, it’s important to research the long-term effects of timeshares before making any commitments. Over time, the hidden costs, long-term contracts, and lack of flexibility can all contribute to timeshares becoming true financial traps.
Why is it so difficult to cancel a timeshare?
Unending paperwork Anyone who has ever bought a timeshare knows that the procedure involves a ton of paperwork. The reason resorts do this is clear. To protect themselves and make life tough for you should you ever decide to quit, officials produce a tone of paperwork.
Getting rid of a timeshare is a difficult job. But do not panic; we will guide you through the process. There are a few things that you need to keep in mind;
- Remember to always work with licensed professionals to avoid scams.
- Scams in the timeshare industry are way more common now than you think.
- Exit companies take money from their customers and then never show up.
- Review previous customers’ reviews of the exit company and do all the necessary research before approaching them.
- Make sure the exit company offers escrow.
Our review site aims to provide information on how to receive all the answers to your questions and warn you to be cautious when dealing with timeshares & timeshare exit companies that exist today. So, what are you waiting for? Please fill out the form on the right side of our page, and let’s get started. Or feel free to contact us through Live Chat for a free personalized exit consultation.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Free Informational Consultation
By providing my contact information and clicking ‘submit’, I am giving MyTimeshareExitReviews.com and its partners permission to contact me about this and other future offers using the information provided. This may also include calls and text messages to my wireless telephone numbers. I also consent to use of emails and the use of an automated dialing device and pre-recorded messages. I understand that my permission described overrides my listing on any state or federal ‘Do Not Call’ list and any prior listing on the ‘Do Not Call’ lists of our partners. I acknowledge that this consent may only be revoked by email notification to email@example.com.