How To Get Rid of a Timeshare
Are you looking for options on how to get rid of a timeshare? We’ve got you covered. Many owners always state they never knew what they were signing, or their salesperson misled them. If you signed your timeshare contract under the impression this will be an investment or other various misrepresentations, you have legal options to exit your timeshare. Read more about the common misrepresentations.
As we will discuss multiple options on how to get rid of a timeshare, our team always recommends you contact your timeshare developer first to see if they have programs for you to get rid of your timeshare legally. Getting rid of a timeshare can be stressful, and our team helps timeshare owners find the best exit option available to them. Recently, there have been changes in the timeshare industry, and some timeshare companies now have exit programs set up for timeshare owners who want to exit their timeshare.
Unfortunately, the majority of the timeshare companies do not offer an exit program. If your timeshare company does not provide an exit program, we suggest you speak to a reputable timeshare exit company. If you recently bought your timeshare, you may be under your rescission period which is typically less than a month, contact your timeshare company right away to see if you can rescind the contract.
We do recommend you speak to a timeshare exit company that provides a 100% money-back guarantee or a no up-front fee escrow option, so you stay protected from scams. Read more about escrow and why it’s essential.
How To Get Rid of a Hilton Timeshare Legally
Hilton has a program of its own that helps owners get out of their timeshare. Hilton Grand Vacations does tell owners to explore how they can:
- Make the most of your club membership
- Access flexible financial options.
- Sell your vacation ownership safely.
Hilton made an important statement, read more about Hilton Grand Vacation Solutions.
“When it comes to vacation ownership, Hilton Grand Vacations wants to make sure you have all the information, resources, and support you need to maximize your vacation ownership. As a Hilton Grand Vacations owner, there are many beneficial opportunities available to you. We invite you to explore them and give us a call any time if you have questions or are interested in learning more.”
- The first thing we suggest you do is to gather all the documents, especially your timeshare contract, if you happened to lose the contract, don’t worry! Give Hilton a call and request a copy of your original timeshare contract. If you happened to upgrade your timeshare and have an upgrade contract, we suggest you gather that document alongside any other documents that pertain to Hilton. Hilton may also ask you questions about your financial situation.
- Contact Hilton’s Portfolio Services Department at (888)-875-4494 to see if Hilton’s timeshare release option is right for you. The company will help you understand your exit options.
How To Get Rid of a Westgate Timeshare Legally
Westgate has an option for owners who are interested in getting rid of their Westgate timeshare. There are a few things we suggest you do prior to contacting Westgate.
- The first thing we suggest you do is to gather all the documents, especially your timeshare contract, if you happened to lose the contract, don’t worry! Give Westgate a call and request a copy of your original contract. Some companies may charge but always ask for a free copy. If you happened to upgrade your timeshare and have an upgrade contract, we suggest you
gather that document alongside any other documents that pertain to Westgate.
- The next thing you should do is visit Westgate’s website about their “Legacy Program by Westgate” and review all the necessary information to see if you qualify for their program.
- Contact Westgate to see if you qualify for their Legacy Program by phone. You can reach
them at (800)-351-0461.
“The Legacy Program by Westgate has been created to assist owners in understanding available options for transitioning away from vacation ownership. It is our goal to provide safe and secure exit options for all qualifying accounts. The Legacy Program offers Westgate Resorts owners the ONLY Developer-guaranteed release option.”
How To Get Rid of a Diamond Timeshare Legally
If you have a timeshare with Diamond Resorts, you are in luck. Diamond has released a program in which you can relinquish all or part of your vacation ownership, providing you with the opportunity to transition out of your vacation ownership. There are a few conditions that apply if you want to get rid of your Diamond Timeshare legally.
- You must have no existing loan balance or other lien encumbering the vacation ownership.
- You must be current on the payment of all maintenance fees up to the year for which you are relinquishing.
- You must have a clear and free title to the vacation ownership.
- All future reservations must be cancelled, or traveled on prior to submitting a request. Your vacation ownership must be in a Diamond Resorts Collection or managed property.
- Currently, members who own in Embarc or the EU Collection do not qualify.
- Participation with a timeshare exit or resale company or firm may negatively impact your ability to apply for Transitions.
If you qualify for this program, we recommend you do a few things prior to calling Diamond Resorts.
- The first thing we suggest you do is to gather all the documents, especially your timeshare contract, if you happened to lose the contract, don’t worry! Give Diamond Resorts a call and request a copy of your original timeshare contract. If you happened to upgrade your timeshare and have an upgrade contract, we suggest you gather that document alongside any other documents
that pertain to Diamond Resorts.
- Read through Diamond Resorts “Transitions by Diamond Resorts” program page and see if you meet all the conditions to qualify
for the program.
- Call Diamond Resorts at (855)-342-3689 to start the process of exiting your timeshare contract.
How To Get Rid of a Marriott Timeshare Legally
If you have a Marriott Timeshare or are part of the Marriott Vacation Club, then you are in luck. Marriott offers an exit program, and they can help you sell your timeshare. If you are interested in the exit program by Marriott Vacation Club, here is an important statement:
“Vacation ownership is a life-changing decision. At Marriott Vacation Club, we understand that sometimes even long-time owners need to sell their timeshare due to life circumstances. Reduced finances, fixed incomes, declining health, and other reasons may make it difficult for owners to get out and use their timeshare to explore the world. When you work with us to plan your timeshare exit, you’ll receive information and guidance from a company you trust. We’re here to help you understand the process, every step of the way.”
If you are interested in selling your timeshare with Marriott Vacation Club, read this important statement:
“Are you considering selling your timeshare, or wondering what benefits you might get out of the Marriott Vacation Club resale program? Our timeshare Exit Specialists can answer your questions and address any concerns. We’re here to help you explore all your options and determine the best decision for you. You can trust the Exit Specialist team to provide the exceptional service you’ve come to expect from Marriott Vacation Club.
If you are interested in getting rid of your timeshare contract with Marriott Vacation Club, we highly suggest you do a few things prior to giving them a call.
- The first thing we suggest you do is to gather all the documents, especially your timeshare contract, if you happened to lose the contract, don’t worry! Give Marriott Vacation Club a call and request a copy of your original timeshare contract. If you happened to upgrade your timeshare and have an upgrade contract, we suggest you gather that document alongside any other documents that pertain to Marriott Vacation Club.
- Contact Marriott Vacation Club Exit Specialist who can assist you in determining if this program is right for you. You can reach them at (407)-641-1801 or call the toll-free number at (866)-682-4547.
How to Get Rid of All Timeshares
If your timeshare company does not have an exit program, we suggest you either list your timeshare on a resale website such as ebay.com, tug2.com, redweek.com, and myresortnetwork.com. As you probably know, most of these companies have timeshares listed for a $1. On top of the low value, you will also be paying for closing costs attributed by the timeshare sale, and it may take years for your timeshare to sell. If you believe your timeshare is not worth a dollar and do not want to pay the closing costs and the continuous maintenance fees while you endlessly wait for your timeshare to sell, we suggest you contact a reputable timeshare exit company.
We recommend timeshare exit companies that offer a no up-front fee escrow option or a 100% money-back guarantee. If your timeshare payments are stopped after you sell your timeshare, you still are responsible to make the monthly and yearly payments.
Timeshare contracts can be financially stressful. If you are considering exiting your contract and do not own a timeshare with Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, or Westgate, we suggest you contact a timeshare exit company that can help relieve your mortgage and yearly maintenance fees. Take the right step towards financial freedom. Dave Ramsey, a financial guru, considers timeshares a black hole and a money-pit. Dave Ramsey states timeshares will make you financially stressed because they are not worth the yearly maintenance fees and a high-interest mortgage.
There are numerous timeshare scams every year, protect yourself. Contact our team so we can help you determine if a timeshare exit company is legitimate, and we recommend working with timeshare exit companies that offer escrow, so you pay no up-front fees. Know your legal right so you can exit your timeshare contract. Read over our website and fill out the form on the right or contact us through Live Chat for a free informational consultation.