Table of Contents
How To Cancel Royal Holiday Club Timeshare/ Vacation Club
Royal Holiday Club is a vacation spot located in Mexico. According to their claim, people who join up to become members have access to special deals at more than 180 resort locations. These resorts are situated in the Caribbean, Mexico, and the USA. According to reports, there may be up to 80,000 members of the corporation in this club.
The members of the Royal Hotel Holiday Club can enjoy the best services offered by the club, like discounts, vacation protection, summer camps for the kids, and cash credit. Indeed these are excellent opportunities to enjoy and spend vacations at a peaceful and stunning location.
But like many others, if you are looking to cancel your Royal Holiday timeshare for any reason possible, the good news is you can do it in several ways. You can choose to do the following with your timeshare:
- You can try and sell your Royal Holiday Club Timeshare.
- Give away or gift someone your timeshare.
- Contact the company directly and discuss your need to exit the timeshare.
- Hire a reputable and reliable timeshare exit company to help you.
- If you are still in your rescission period, you can try to rescind the timeshare contract.
However, all that glitters may not always be gold. There are many reasons why timeshare owners try to disown their property. If you are trying to exit from a Royal Holiday Club Timeshare, continue reading to learn and explore which option works best for you.
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare
Royal Holiday is a beautiful place for travelers to make their vacation trips more memorable. The company owns and operates the top travel destinations located in 52 different countries. Members can select their destination from hundreds of resorts using the Royal Holiday Club Membership.
The members have the following perks of owning the Royal Holiday Club Timeshare:
- Access to all resorts at every location.
- Your chosen resort will be like a second home you may visit at any time or occasion.
- Even if you travel elsewhere and feel to experience the thrill and new adventures, you may always have the option to exchange your timeshare for a specific period with other affiliated resorts.
- Royal Holiday Timeshares are affiliated with RCI, a globally recognised timeshare exchange company that you may want to explore from any corner of the world.
The members have to pay a minimal amount as the membership fee to enjoy an affordable vacation trip. Members can visit some of the most exotic places – from the Bahamas, Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Rico, or San Juan.
The club’s goal is to create a luxurious lifestyle experience for timeshare owners during their vacation. Therefore, the club offers new travel packages, group tours, and cruise tours to make the journey more fun and exciting.
Royal Holiday Timeshare Complaints
If you are getting sick with the hurdles of owning a timeshare and might be looking for reasons to add to your timeshare cancellation request, you have landed on the right page. Read below the compiled complaints from other members of the Royal Holiday Club:
- The Royal holiday does not have a good reputation as a timeshare management company and a vacation club. Many members complain that they lack accountability and have poor customer service.
- Most of the sales are made under very high-pressure sales tactics; therefore, many members at the Royal Holiday Club feel like they are being lied to and scammed. Most timeshares owned with the Royal Holiday Club have been misrepresented.
- You may fall victim to many scams when it comes to timeshares. One of these scams is a verbal promise you receive that later on may prove to be a false promise to convince you to sign their contract.
- Sometimes your agreement may clearly state that it does not believe in any verbal promises; you must read through your contract before signing to protect yourself from any scams or lies.
- Royal Holiday Club promises they have the best customer service for their timeshare owners. In reality, most people leave their memberships just because they are not satisfied with their experience with customer service.
- Many customers said that whenever they register a complaint, most of the times they don’t respond or just reply with generic answers. Such behavior from the big Vacation Club is not satisfactory among their members.
- Booking with the Royal Holiday Club is another issue most members face. When you are buying a timeshare, they promise you that you can travel anywhere at any time, which turns out to be a false claim.
- To get your favorite location, you will have to upgrade your package and pay more money. This is a lie because; they will sell you the same timeshare every time rather than the location you want.
- Most of the time, sales are made at other locations rather than the actual Royal Holidays Sales Office. The salespeople at the resorts will most likely pressure and almost force you to sign the timeshare contract on the spot if you are easily persuaded. Once you have signed, they will send the agreement documents directly to your home.
After reading the contract carefully, you will realize that the purchase is worthless. The Royal Holiday Club Associates will tell you that you will invest in real estate, another popular lie. Timeshares are not an investment for real estate. You are just purchasing a room in a hotel only for a specific period within the whole year.
You do not own the entire hotel. It is not an investment at all because there is no market for the resale of the timeshares. This means you may not earn the right profit margin at the resale.
Cancellation Of The Timeshare
Royal Holiday Clubs can grant you travel opportunities to over 180 different destinations. With flexible and convenient travel options, the timeshare company gives you a chance to collect memories with your family members.
However, the maintenance fees, customer services, or lack of visits to other locations may lead to the owner wanting to exit their agreement, as seen here with Royal Holiday Clubs.
You can cancel your timeshare agreement if you:
- Act quickly, especially since the timeshare company does not hold a good reputation in the industry.
- An average rescission period can range from 1-2 weeks, depending on the rescission laws of the state you made your purchase.
- Determining the rescission period will help our team narrow down the best option for you during your cancellation process.
- You can also try selling your timeshare, but various websites such as ebay.com that have numerous timeshares listed for $1.00. Unfortunately, there is zero to no resale market.
Why Cancel Your Royal Holiday Timeshare Membership
It is difficult for you to afford the timeshare membership due to various reasons. And you may prefer to travel at cheaper rates on your own. Besides the long list of complaints, the following will be more than enough reasons to justify your decision.
Most of the sales at the Royal Holiday Club are made under high-pressure tactics.
- At the time of purchase, they promise to offer the best services and many other facilities. Still, all of them are nothing more than a verbal promise.
- They will treat you well, or you may enjoy better services if the member is calling to make a payment.
- They may promise you to send the timeshare contract and all other documents through email, but that email may never arrive.
- They will limit your choices, and you may also face issues while booking.
If you are still stumbling upon the thought of cancelling the timeshare or keeping it, have a look at these reviews from the reliable internet sources below:
- A Member wrote on TripAdvisor, ‘’The Park Royal is a classy inn. But I have a problem with the Royal Holiday Club. At this hotel, subscriptions to vacation clubs are available. In 1993, we acquired membership. Our family of 13 made the trip to Cozumel in 2014 for the holiday season. Regarding the price of the resort’s all-inclusive fee, the reservation service misled us. For the children to come on our trip, we ultimately paid an extra $1232 in dollars. While we were guests at the Park Royal, member services made a deal to resolve the conflict, but after we checked out, they no longer honour it. The member services manager won’t return my calls or emails. Very poor customer service by Royal Holiday Club.’’
- Another one on ComplaintsBoard wrote, ‘’In 2016, we bought a points membership from the sales team working out of the Grand Park Royal Cozumel hotel. The sales representative clarified that the contract’s clause 10 allowed the buyer or the seller to terminate it at their discretion. We only hear that you cannot cancel your contract after sending a written notification to the corporate office. This seems to be a clear infringement of what we were informed by Royal Holiday Club. The contract expressly states this. All of our payments up until this point have been on time. Right now, all we’re discussing are the yearly maintenance costs. We let them know that we’re giving up any points we’ve earned and won’t be asking for money back.’’
What Happens If The Rescission Period Has Expired?
Every timeshare company offers you a rescission period, in which you can cancel your contract, and that period is mentioned in the agreement. Keep reading to learn more about your rescission period.
- The rescission period may vary from company to company. In most cases, the rescission period lies between 10 to 15 days.
- One of the biggest mistakes you can make as a timeshare owner is deciding to cancel your timeshare post rescission period. Under these circumstances, the cancellation becomes an issue, but it is never impossible.
- If the rescission period has expired, you can search for some other alternative ways to get rid of the property.
Some timeshare owners sell, rent, or even donate to get rid of their timeshare. The best way to get real peace of mind is to cancel the timeshare ownership. The associates may try to convince you not to sell the property. But at the end of the day, you have to go with the best exit option that works for your situation.
How To Cancel The Royal Timeshare Membership?
You can cancel the timeshare at the Royal Hotel Club if you are still in a rescission period. To cancel your ownership, follow the given steps.
- Read your timeshare contract carefully and try to get the best possible cause of your timeshare cancellation.
- You will need to write a cancellation letter and send it to the resort through a certified email. Keep records that you have canceled the contract on time.
- If you have already canceled the timeshare through a letter, you can receive a refund of the money you have paid. If the Royal Holiday Club does not agree to refund you, you can hire a timeshare attorney to aid with the refund.
What To Do If The Rescission Period Has Been Expired?
- If the rescission period has expired, you can try to resell the timeshare to other associates or on sites like eBay, Craigslist, etc.
- Timeshare resale is more challenging than it seems; you must be more patient with reselling your timeshare.
- You can also transfer your timeshare to companies that deal in timeshare transfers.
- You can hire the services of a timeshare exit company. They can help you walk away from the property legally. You can also gift the property to your family members or friends to avoid maintenance fees.
It is crucial to understand the state laws about cancellation of the timeshare wherever you reside to ensure you’re not violating legal rules. It is best to hire a legal attorney for assistance in your case.
Royal Hotel Club lists some of the most beautiful destinations in the world. Still, sometimes the owners may not be satisfied with their services or do not want to travel to the same location every year. So, under these circumstances, they try to cancel their contract.
The best way to cancel the contract is through Royal Hotel Club owners. Otherwise, you may take help from a Timeshare Exit Company. Remember always to make sure that any payments you make are secured with escrow, always ask questions, and verify, verify, and verify those answers.
Our review site aims to provide you with information on how to receive those answers and warn you to be cautious when dealing with timeshares & timeshare exit companies that exist today. So, what are you waiting for? Please fill out the form on the right side of our page, and let’s get started. Or feel free to contact us through Live Chat for a free personalized exit consultation.
Free Informational Consultation
By providing my contact information and clicking ‘submit’, I am giving MyTimeshareExitReviews.com and its partners permission to contact me about this and other future offers using the information provided. This may also include calls and text messages to my wireless telephone numbers. I also consent to use of emails and the use of an automated dialing device and pre-recorded messages. I understand that my permission described overrides my listing on any state or federal ‘Do Not Call’ list and any prior listing on the ‘Do Not Call’ lists of our partners. I acknowledge that this consent may only be revoked by email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.